On a day-to-day basis, I am responsible for creating, planning and implementing a comprehensive and consistent statewide print, electronic, web 2.0 and strategic communications and marketing plan on behalf of the Episcopal Church in Minnesota. This includes:
- Establishing and sustaining multiple websites and blogs (www.episcopalmn.org, www.episcopalprayers.org, www.departmentofindianwork.com).
- Publishing weekly and monthly e-newsletters, webcasts, podcasts, social networks (www.episcopalexchange.org) and web 2.0 tools like Facebook and Twitter.
- Partnering with congregations, committees, schools, and congregations to create coordinated communications program.
- Working with the Executive Officer and Bishop to establish messaging protocol.
- Interacting with statewide media.
- Developing and managing major statewide events.
- Managing department budget and several employees.
- In 2008, I gathered and coordinated a partnership that sponsored the largest statewide shoe drive in US history, generating media attention on all major networks and receiving a national religious communications award for identity and comprehensiveness.
- In 2010, I maximized the use of social media, including audio and video, webcasting and podcasting, to facilitate the election of the IX Bishop of Minnesota.